For today, links to six reports: from the Cradle, the Associated Press, the Anadolu Agency, and Reuters; others or at least headlines are accessible by clicking on their names or initials below. (WEST BANK, SYRIA, YEMEN and UKRAINE entries for this date and a NOTICE are HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE, or scroll up or down. GAZA 3-29-25 entry is HERE, or scroll down.) — MCM
– – –
Red Crescent recovers bodies of missing paramedics, civil defense workers killed by Israel in Gaza’s Rafah. From the Cradle. The Palestine Red Crescent Society announced the retrieval today of the bodies of 14 crew members killed by Israeli forces while under siege in Rafah’s Tal Al-Sultan neighborhood. Rescuers from OCHA, the Red Cross, and the Civil Defense reached the neighborhood today to search for the crew members, who had been missing for eight days. READ MORE . . .
– – –
Hamas accepts Egyptian ceasefire proposal, Israel seeks further concessions. From the Cradle. A senior Hamas official said late on Saturday that the resistance movement has accepted a new Egyptian proposal to resume the truce in the Gaza Strip, coming as Israel has rejected Cairo’s plan and put forward its own counteroffer. READ MORE . . .
– – –
‘Eid of sadness’: Palestinians in Gaza mark Muslim holiday with dwindling food and no end to war, by Wafaa Shurafa, Mohammad Jahjouh and Tia Goldenberg | AP DEIR AL-BALAH, Gaza Strip — Palestinians began marking a normally festive Muslim holiday with rapidly dwindling food supplies and no end in sight to war. Israeli strikes overnight into today killed at least 19 people, mostly women and children, health officials said. READ MORE . . . Click HERE for report from Anadolu Agency.
– – –
Gaza’s bakeries could shut down within a week under Israel’s blockade of all food and supplies, by Wafaa Shurafa, Samy Magdy, Sarah El Deeb and Lee Keath | AP DEIR AL-BALAH, Gaza Strip — Gaza’s bakeries will run out of flour for bread within a week, the U.N. says. Agencies have cut food distributions to families in half. Markets are empty of most vegetables. Many aid workers cannot move around because of Israeli bombardment. READ MORE . . .
– – –
Israeli PM Netanyahu vows to pressure Hamas after ceasefire proposal, by James Mackenzie and Nidal al-Mughrabi | Reuters JERUSALEM / CAIRO — Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu pledged today to step up pressure on Hamas in Gaza while continuing negotiations to secure the release of hostages and working to implement U.S. President Donald Trump‘s “voluntary emigration” plan. Hamas says it has agreed to a ceasefire proposal from . . . READ MORE . . .
.