Gaza, 3-31-25

For today, links to seven reports: from the Associated Press, Middle East Eye, Middle East Monitor, Reuters, and the Cradle; others are accessible by clicking on their names or initials below. (IRAN, SYRIA, LEBANON, MEDIA and UKRAINE entries for this date and a HEINBERG entry are HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE, or scroll up or down. GAZA 3-30-25 is HERE, or scroll down.) — MCM

   

Israeli military orders the evacuation of Gaza’s southern city of Rafah, by Wafaa Shurafa and Fatima Khalid| AP  DEIR AL-BALAH, Gaza Strip — Israel’s military today issued sweeping evacuation orders covering Rafah and nearby areas, indicating it could soon launch another major ground operation in the Gaza Strip’s southernmost city. Israel earlier this month ended its ceasefire . . . READ MORE . . .

   

Gaza’s Eid marred by Israeli massacres of children and expulsion orders, by Ahmed Aziz | Middle East Eye  KHAN YOUNIS, occupied Palestine — Starving and displaced Palestinians have marked a bloody Eid holiday, with Israeliforces raining down bombs that killed dozens of people, including many children, and issuing new expulsion orders. READ MORE . . .

   

Gazans perform Eid prayers atop ruins of mosques amid relentless Israeli bombardment. From Middle East Monitor. Hundreds of thousands of Palestinians in Gaza on Sunday did prayers for the Muslim holiday of Eid al-Fitr atop the rubble of destroyed mosques, in overcrowded shelters, and beside the ruins of their homes, as Israel’s ongoing war left no room for traditional celebrations, Anadolu news agency reported. READ MORE . . .

   

Israel proposes hostage deal as fighting continues in Gaza, by James Mackenzie | Reuters  JERUSALEM—  Israel has proposed an extended truce in Gaza in exchange for the return of about half the remaining hostages, Israeli officials said today, as the military issued new evacuation orders and said “intense operations” were planned in the south of the enclave. READ MORE . . .   Click HERE for a second Reuters report.

   

Bodies of Palestinian medics recovered from grave in Gaza, UN officials say, by Dave Graham, Emma Farge, James Mackenzie and Jana Choukeir | Reuters  The bodies of eight Red Crescent medics and other Palestinian rescue workers who came under fire more than a week ago have been recovered from a grave in the sand in the south of the Gaza Strip, UN officials said. READ MORE . . .

   

FROM MARCH 29  Only seven Hamas fighters named among 436 Palestinians killed by Israel in ‘historic’ March 18 attacks. From the Cradle. Israeli media reported on March 29 that the Israeli army launched 80 airstrikes on Gaza in the early hours of March 18, killing nearly 300 women and children, while naming only seven Hamas resistance fighters and leaders killed in the attacks. After the attack, in which . . . READ MORE . . .

.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *