Iran, 2-16-26

Links to an open letter to the UN Security Council via Common Dreams; to commentary from Common Dreams; and to links to SIX reports: from the Cradle, the Associated Press, Reuters, and France 24; others are accessible by clicking on their names below. (Scroll down for IRAN 2-14-26, and up or down for GAZA, LEBANON, WEST BANK, and MEDIA.) — MCM

   

An open letter to the UN Security Council, by Jeffrey Sachs | Common Dreams The current threat of an attack by the U.S. did not begin with any failure by Iran to negotiate. On the contrary, it began with the United States’ repudiation of negotiations that had already succeeded. READ MORE . . .

   

Happy Presidents Day to the squalid Epstein class, by Robert Reich | Common Dreams  These people are an interconnected world of hugely rich, prominent, entitled, smug, powerful, self-important (mostly) men. Trump is honorary chairman. READ MORE . . .

   

Netanyahu doubles down on ‘conditions’ for Iran–U.S. deal. From the Cradle. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu made a statement on Sunday outlining Tel Aviv’s five conditions for any agreement between Iran and the U.S., chief among them the destruction of Iran’s nuclear program. READ MORE . . .

   

Iran meets UN nuclear watchdog in Geneva ahead of a second round of U.S. talks, by Jamey Keaten and Stephanie Liechtenstein | AP  GENEVA — Iran’s top diplomat met with the head of the U.N. nuclear watchdog agency today, ahead of a second round of negotiations with the United States over Tehran’s nuclear program. READ MORE . . . Click HERE for same AP report in Spanish, and HERE for others. Click HERE for report from Reuters.

   

Iran says U.S. has developed ‘more realistic’ stance on nuclear issue ahead of Geneva talks. From France 24. Iran said today that the United States’s position on Iran’s nuclear programme “has moved towards a more realistic one,” a day ahead of a second round of U.S.-Iranian talks in Geneva. READ MORE . . . Click HERE for shorter version of report from RFI in French, and HERE for others.

   

FROM FEB. 14  U.S. military preparing for potentially weeks-long Iran operations, by Phil Stewart and Idrees Ali | Reuters  WASHINGTON — The U.S. military is preparing for the possibility of sustained, weeks-long operations against Iran if President Donald Trump orders an attack, according to two U.S. officials. READ MORE . . . Click HERE for report from the Cradle.

.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *