The other night I was finally getting into David Ray Griffin’s 2006 book Christian Faith and the Truth Behind 9/11: A Call to Reflection and Action, which Bruce* lent me a month or two ago, and I wondered when Griffin’s birthday was, in order to give him a salute in this blog. I was a few days late. It’s Aug. 8. He’s 80.
He was born four score years and seven days ago today.
Maybe in a more sane era one of our everyday coins will bear his likeness. If not that, a postage stamp. For now, he is one of those distinguished authors whose books are barely acknowledged, much less reviewed in newspapers and magazines in the United States.
While searching for his birth date, I came across — a few weeks late — word of a month-long exhibit in Ipswich, Massachusetts, of 29 portraits, each with a quotation by the subject, from the series by the artist Robert Shetterly, entitled Americans Who Tell the Truth. Griffin was one of those pictured.
The quote Shetterly used for his portrait is:
“There are literally dozens of problems in the official account of 9/11 sufficiently serious to show the official story to be false. But the clearest proof is provided by the video of the World Trade Center building #7 coming straight down in absolute free fall. Even though this proof has existed in plain sight for all these years, the fact that 9/11 was an inside job, and hence a State Crime Against Democracy, has remained a hidden fact.”
See the portrait of Griffin HERE. Read a newspaper article about the exhibit HERE. See all the portraits in the series, from which the 29 for Ipswich were selected, HERE.
Below, peruse the titles of the books Griffin has had published related to the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001. (If your interest is sufficiently piqued, see which ones are in the collection of your public library to borrow, and which ones you may borrow through interlibrary loan.)
* The New Pearl Harbor: Disturbing Questions About the Bush Administration and 9/11 (Northampton, MA: Oliver Branch Press, 2004)
* The 9/11 Commission Report: Omissions and Distortions (Northampton: OBP, 2004)
* Christian Faith and the Truth Behind 9/11: A Call to Reflection and Action, (Louisville: Westminster John Knox Press, 2006)
* The American Empire and the Commonwealth of God: A Political, Economic, Religious Statement, with John B. Cobb, Richard A. Falk, and Catherine Keller (Louisville: WJKP, 2006)
* 9/11 and American Empire: Intellectuals Speak Out, Vol. 1, editor, with Peter Dale Scott (Northampton: OBP, 2006)
* Debunking 9/11 Debunking: An Answer to Popular Mechanics and Other Defenders of the Official Conspiracy Theory (Revised & Updated Edition) (Northampton: OBP, 2007)
* 9/11 Contradictions: An Open Letter to Congress and the Press, (Northampton: Interlink Publishing Group: 2008)
* New Pearl Harbor Revisited: 9/11, the Cover-up and the Exposé, (Northampton: OBP, 2008)
* Osama Bin Laden: Dead or Alive? (Northampton: OBP, 2009)
* The Mysterious Collapse of World Trade Center 7: Why the Final Official Report About 9/11 Is Unscientific and False (Northampton: Interlink Publishing, 2009)
* Cognitive Infiltration: An Obama Appointee’s Plan to Undermine the 9/11 Conspiracy Theory (Northampton: OBP, 2010)
* 9/11 Ten Years Later: When State Crimes Against Democracy Succeed (Northampton: OBP, 2011)
* Bush and Cheney: How They Ruined America and the World (Northampton: OBP/Interlink, 2017)
* 9/11 Unmasked: An International Review Panel Investigation, with Elizabeth Woodworth (Northampton: OBP, 2018)
* The American Trajectory: Divine or Demonic? (Atlanta: Clarity Press, 2018)
– – –