From Maine 9/11 Truth:
Headline: Fifty Reasons to Doubt the Official Account of 9/11
1) A proper analysis of the collapse of each of the World Trade Center towers on 9/11/01 shows that they were not destroyed by the fires and plane impacts.
2) One hundred eighteen first-responders are on record describing explosions both before and as the towers fell — including explosions in the lobby or basement of both towers.
3) The architects who designed the Twin Towers factored in the possibility of airliner crashes, and the buildings were highly over-engineered.
4) An article in the Open Chemical Physics Journal of April 2009 documents the presence of ubiquitous unreacted high-tech explosives in dust samples from lower Manhattan after the attacks.
5) Multi-ton steel girders were hurled hundreds of feet and lodged into nearby buildings. Debris in the footprint of each tower was barely two stories high.
6) High powered debris ejections can be seen remote from the collapse zones in the Twin Towers as the destruction ensues.
7) The Twin Towers each had a massive structural central core. In a gross misrepresentation, the 9/11 Commission Report referred to this core as “a hollow steel shaft, in which the elevators and stairwells were grouped.”
8) Structural failure in a skyscraper would have an entirely different appearance than that of the collapsing World Trade Center towers. A failing building would be prone to topple, buckle or shed debris, instead of being progressively shredded with perfect radial symmetry at close to free-fall speed.
9) The Twin Towers generated vastly more dust and pulverized material than can be accounted for by the total gravitational potential energy of the buildings – the only substantial source of energy available for that destruction.
10) Bright orange molten metal can be seen pouring from the side of the South Tower shortly before it collapses.
11) There are accounts of extreme heat within the debris pile at ground zero including descriptions of red hot and even molten steel.
12) Tiny iron-rich microspheres have been found in dust samples collected from across lower Manhattan on 9/11. The origin of these has yet to be explained in official reports.
13) Mayor Giuliani has stated publicly that he was told the first tower was about to collapse. This is extraordinary considering that in the history of high-rise fires there has never been such a collapse.
14) The second tower to be hit — the South Tower — received less damage than the first yet it collapsed in approximately half the time. Firefighters radioed from the crash zone that they found just two pockets of fire that they could “knock down” with two lines.
15) The 10,000-page NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) report on the destruction of the Twin Towers contains many flaws and does not actually address the collapses. It described events in each tower up to the point at which “collapse became inevitable.”
16) The 5:20 p.m. total collapse of World Trade Center Building 7, a 47-story modern skyscraper north of the North Tower, has the appearance of a perfectly engineered internal demolition. The official Rube Goldberg collapse explanation is not plausible.
17) The collapse of WTC 7 was reported by the BBC a half hour before it happened, suggesting that the building’s destruction was planned and anticipated.
18) The first few seconds of the collapse of WTC 7 has been officially acknowledged to be at 100% of free-fall, thus essentially proving internal demolition.
19) The owner of WTC 7 stated on a PBS special that he and the fire department commander made the decision to “pull it” and they “watched the building collapse.”
20) WTC debris was hastily sold as scrap metal, allowing no proper investigation of the cause of the destruction.
21) In 2006 700+ bone fragments were found on top of the 40-story Deutsche Bank building several hundred feet from where the South Tower stood.
22) On the eastern seaboard on 9/11, air defense was deployed from unnecessarily remote bases after unexplainable delays and the planes traveled at a fraction of their top speed — all to arrive too late in both New York and Washington.
23) There were an unprecedented number of domestic war games taking place on 9/11, including ones with simulated hijackings.
24) Secretary of Transportation Norman Mineta witnessed Vice President Cheney confirm what appeared to be a stand-down order from the White House bunker just prior to the Pentagon being hit.
25) There is evidence that five of the hijackers had lived at, and/or trained at, U.S. military bases.
26) We have only ever seen a few grainy seconds from what should have been minutes of video from airport security cameras.
27) The passenger lists for all four flights, published by the airlines and CNN after September 11, contained none of the hijackers’ names. The flights were only about 30% full.
28) The documented behavior of the hijackers before 9/11 was decidedly un-Muslim.
29) The paper trail for a $100,000 payment to lead hijacker Mohammed Atta points back to the United States.
30) The FBI’s most-wanted list did not mention 9/11 as a crime that Osama bin Laden was sought for. An FBI spokesperson has stated that this was because of no hard evidence.
31) A much touted December 2001 video of Osama bin Laden confessing has been proven to be phony.
32) Numerous pre-9/11 Al Qaeda and Bin Laden investigations were thwarted or hampered by higher-ups.
33) President Bush twice stated in public that before he entered the Emma T. Booker Elementary School classroom he looked at a television and saw the first WTC tower being hit by a plane. Such footage was not shown on TV until the next day.
34) The President and his Secret Service behaved irrationally on 9/11, lingering at the elementary school a half hour after the second crash as the full blown national crisis unfolded.
35) The public has never seen clear pictures or video of the Pentagon being hit by a plane. After an FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) request the Department of Justice acknowledged that it had 85 videos confiscated from cameras on or near the Pentagon that it has declined to release.
36) The extreme and roundabout maneuvering of “Flight 77” led to it hitting the only part of the Pentagon that was under renovation. Virtually no plane wreckage was visible after the attack.
37) Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld is on film carrying stretchers just after the Pentagon attack, begging the question “how did he know there were not more attacks on the way?”
38) Plane debris in Pennsylvania was found five miles from the crash site, suggesting that flight 93 was destroyed while in the air. No obvious wreckage was visible at the stated crash site.
39) Of eight pilots on the four planes, none of them entered the four-digit emergency hijacking code on their transponders.
40) Singed but intact hijacker passports were found on a street in New York and in the impact hole in Shanksville, Pennsylvania. Such obviously planted evidence raises the question of who would plant it and why.
41) A brother and a cousin of President Bush were affiliated with one of the security companies (Securacom) for the World Trade Center complex.
42) Calls for an investigation into the attacks were repeatedly brushed aside by the Bush administration. Finally, after 14 months, the 9/11 Commission was formed. The Commission ended up being packed with insiders with conflicts of interest and it took as its starting point that Al Qaeda was responsible for the attacks.
43) Of the questions submitted to the Commission by the victims’ family members 70% were left unanswered in the final report.
44) Max Cleland resigned from the Commission stating that the limited scope of its work was a “national scandal.” A majority of the commissioners, including the two co-chairs, have since spoken out about a range of problems with both their process and the resulting report.
45) The 9/11 Commission Report’s case against Al Qaeda and Bin Laden is based on third-hand CIA accounts of detainee confessions while undergoing “enhanced interrogation.” We are told that the videotapes of these sessions have been destroyed.
46) There were many stock market anomalies just prior to 9/11, indicating individuals with inside knowledge of the planned attacks. The 9/11 Commission absolved the investors behind these anomalies with comments such as that they had “no conceivable ties to Al Qaeda.”
47) The technique of creating war-fever through a staged or fabricated attack on oneself has extensive historical precedent. In 1962 the Pentagon drew up such a plan, called Operation Northwoods. It proposed attacks on Americans that would be blamed on Cuba.
48) There is a large body of material expounding on the aggressive role that the U.S. could or should play on the world stage. This includes frank references to imperial aspirations and to the usefulness of a new Pearl Harbor-type event. The point of view is akin to that of Manifest Destiny.
49) Plans for wars in Afghanistan and Iraq were set in motion before 9/11/01.
50) The 9/11 attacks and the threat of terrorism have been invoked repeatedly to gain support for domestic and foreign policy initiatives that otherwise would not be popular. We are told that the new “war on terror” justifies a wholesale shift in our priorities and that that war may not end in our lifetimes.